Organization: The Welcome Network
Job Title: Volunteer / Donor Connections Assistant (Part-Time)
Reports To: Executive Director
Work Location: 824 Hoffman Street Hammond, Indiana. Local travel occasionally required.
Status: Part-time 15-20 hours weekly, Monday-Thursday. Occasional evening and
weekend work required with advance notice (about once a month).
The Welcome Network is a faith-based, non-profit organization that seeks to follow Jesus’ mandate to “welcome the stranger.” As part of these efforts, the organization connects volunteers with the needs of the community, and raises funds through private donors, churches, and foundations.
The organization seeks a Volunteer / Donor Connections Assistant to assist the Executive Director with duties associated with volunteer engagement, donor management, expressing gratitude, and fund development. This position will report to the Executive Director, and work closely with the volunteers, clients, other office staff, community collaborators, and churches.
· Assist the Executive Director in coordinating volunteers to help meet needs and create belonging.
· Answer emails and maintain communication through two email inboxes.
· Assisting with annual fundraising drives, includes our 5k run/walk, annual brunch benefit, and End-of-Year
· Maintain donation database.
· Thanking donors and volunteers in creative ways.
· Assisting with awareness efforts to donors, volunteers, and the community by helping with monthly e-mail
updates, social media pages, etc.
Skills & Requirements
· Good communication and spokesperson skills.
· Ability to work and interact in a small office environment.
· Open-minded personality to interact with diverse range of people in a professional manner.
· Reliable & trustworthy given the confidential nature of donor and volunteer activities.
· Work as part of team or on singular projects without constant supervision.
· Detail-orientated, and willingness to take on multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Familiarity with data entry and basic computer skills.
· Actively participate in office meetings, staff development opportunities, program trainings, community
activities, and organizational events.
· Committed to the Christian-based mission, vision and values of The Welcome Network.
· Cross-cultural experience desired.
Begins at $10/hour. Opportunity for increase during semi-annual reviews.
For The Welcome Network staff, strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of CIWN is essential, based upon United States federal guidelines provided in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
CIWN is both an equal opportunity employer, and a faith-based religious organization. This means that we conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual. The status of CIWN as an equal opportunity employer does not prevent the organization from hiring staff based on their religious beliefs so that all staff shares the same religious commitment.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a) CIWN has the right to and does hire only candidates who agree with our mission, vision, and values.