Organization: The Welcome Network
Job Title: Client Services Representative (Part-Time)
Reports To: Executive Director
Work Location: 824 Hoffman Street Hammond, Indiana. Local travel occasionally required.
Status: Part-time 15-20 hours weekly, Monday-Thursday. Occasional evening and
weekend work required with advance notice (about once a month).
The Welcome Network is a faith-based, non-profit organization that seeks to follow Jesus’ mandate to “welcome the stranger.” As part of these efforts, the organization operates an immigrant legal aid office with the aim of assisting individuals and families with immigration legal processes.
The organization seeks a Client Services Representative to assist the Executive Director and Legal Specialist with duties associated with client interaction, scheduling, and case logging. This position will report to the Executive Director, and work closely with the Legal Specialist, clients, workshop volunteers, community collaborators, and pro-bono law school interns.
· Assist the Executive Director in organizing his schedule.
· Answer phone / voicemails and schedule client appointments.
· General filing of confidential documentation [electronic & hard copies] including, but not limited to,
copying, updating of documents and preparation and upkeep of client packages.
· Support Clients & Executive Director during appointments with translation services.
· Completion & verification of content of legal forms for client’s application.
· Upon completion of application process, prepare, register and send documentation to relevant parties.
· Help in general running of office that may include answering e-mails and client inquiries.
· Contact clients to follow up on ongoing application.
· Translate documents from Spanish to English [Birth/Marriage certificates, other documents].
· Coordinate with clients for collection/payment of charges owed.
Skills & Requirements
· Fully bilingual [English/Spanish].
· Ability to work and interact in a small office environment.
· Open-minded personality to interact with diverse range of people in a professional manner.
· Reliable & trustworthy given the confidential nature of client activities.
· Work as part of team or on singular projects without constant supervision.
· Complete tasks in timely manner and in some cases with tight deadlines.
· Willing to take on multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Actively participate in office meetings, staff development opportunities, program trainings, community
activities, and organizational events.
· Committed to the Christian-based mission, vision and values of The Welcome Network.
· Cross-cultural experience desired.
Begins at $9/hour. Opportunity for increase during semi-annual reviews.
For The Welcome Network staff, strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of CIWN is essential, based upon United States federal guidelines provided in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
CIWN is both an equal opportunity employer, and a faith-based religious organization. This means that we conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual. The status of CIWN as an equal opportunity employer does not prevent the organization from hiring staff based on their religious beliefs so that all staff shares the same religious commitment.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a) CIWN has the right to and does hire only candidates who agree with our mission, vision, and values.